Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A little get-a-way.........


To celebrate our 10th anniversary, Shaun and I went to San Antonio for the weekend. It was so nice to have time together and remember how much we enjoy just hanging out. In everyday life we very rarely find time to eat a meal (alone and uninterrupted) together or have more than a debriefing of the current home/family issues. We love our lives, but with the kids, church callings, work, and a few other extracurriculars, we are running most of the time. What a blessing a weekend away is!!! We enjoyed just sitting and talking about all that has been on our minds lately and about all our hopes and dreams for our young family. San Antonio is a beautiful city with lots of charm. A special thanks to Nanna and Poppa for spending their Valentine's weekend with our 4 sweethearts. You can't imagine what that meant to us.


You can't visit San Antonio without seeing the Alamo.



In downtown San Antonio there is a huge Mercado. Sifting through all the imported goods from Mexico was a little flashback of our honeymoon.



The Riverwalk was amazing. The atmosphere was so relaxed and fun. We took a boat ride on the 3 miles of the river that winds through the city. I think Shaun and I would agree that the 200 year old trees growing all around the river were the stars of the show.



On our last night in San Antonio we ate at Casa Rio, the oldest restaurant on the Riverwalk. It was great to eat out on the Riverwalk. We felt like we were a world away from our everyday life. A true vacation!


9 comments:

Mel said...

It looks like you had a nice romantic weekend. I love that river! Now if you only had a gondola! Happy for you to get away!!!

stephanie said...

I'm so jealous! I can't wait till Ben and I can go away for a weekend. It looks like a fun time- Ang I love your hat- I don't think we could get away with that look here unless you were going to a country concert! Yeeeehaw!

Laurie said...

How fun!!! It looks so warm I'm jealous.

Heather said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I am glad you were able to celebrate with a fun trip.

Renee said...

Tyler and I visited San Antonio a few years ago and loved it! I think I gained 5 pounds just eating the great food but it was worth it. I am glad you had the chance to get away...maybe your next get away will be back to Utah for a visit? Wishful thinking I guess.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you two had a great time on your weekend get-a-way, for the big number 10 anniversary. What a fitting place to go where you went to Mexico for your honeymoon!!!!

Be sure to call and tell us all about it soon. I bet the kids had a great time as well.

Luv you all

Anonymous said...

Ang----love all your backgrounds on your blog. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

YourARNanna said...

We were so happy to spend time with the cutest children in Texas!
We are glad you had a great time!

We're sad you missed Spencer finding his future bride. I guess Shaun is not the only Warren who likes brown curly haired girls.
:-)

Breakfast at McDonald's: $12.99
Finding true love: Priceless!
Grandparenting has it's rewards!

Gabe & Emily said...

How fun! San Antonio looks like a great place to visit. So nice of your parents to keep the kiddos for you to be able to enjoy a little trip. Gotta love that!