Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Smarty Pants


Spencer started pre-school this week, and he is the happiest kid on earth! I know I'm a little behind in getting him into a pre-school but to make a long story short between the move and changing our minds about sending him to Kindergarten next year (he has an August birthday and originally we were going to wait a year to put him in school) I just wasn't sure what would work. There was an opening at a school were several little boys in our Ward go and their moms loved the school, so it seemed the perfect fit and we signed up.

Spence got to get a new backpack and this is what he chose! It's really fun to get to see all that comes with having a boy. I usually ask the kids to look through hand-me-down backpacks to see if they find something they like but I just didn't think Shaun would go for Spencer using a Hello Kitty or purple butterfly back pack! Do you think you can get beat up for that kinda stuff in pre-school???



Spencer's class was upstairs and he felt so big walking up to his class. The school is really big for a pre-school and has separate teachers for PE, music, library, and Spanish. He loves that he gets to take his lunch to school like Abby and Lily. We visited the school mid December to check it out and get him registered and since then he has been counting the days until Christmas break was over. On the way to school he said, " I can't believe it's actually here, my very first day of school." He was so sincerely happy! He is such a great kid, and I'm sad to that I'm going to have to share my days with him with the schools he'll be going to for the next 13+ years. Makes me think of the little saying that motherhood is the only occupation were the goal is to work yourself out of a job. OXOXOX to my little Smarty Pants!!





7 comments:

Jen said...

What great pictures - what a cute kid! Sounds like a wonderful preschool.

Anonymous said...

Oh Spencer, you are so big to go to preschool. Your back pack of spider man looks so cool. Hope you have a fun time at school. Did you read to your teacher? If so, I'll bet she was sure surprised how well you did. You looked good enough to kiss. Love you!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Renee said...

Looks like fun! He has grown up a lot since you guys left!

Mel said...

What a little cutie! Adorable! I am looking forward to Ryan heading out to preschool next year!

CorieW said...

Hurray for Spencer! We are so excited for him! Caleb was especially excited that he chose the same Spiderman backpack that Caleb has for preschool! Sounds like a great school you found, I'm sure Spencer will LOVE it! Miss you!

YourARNanna said...

Congratulations Spencer! Have tons of fun!
You'll be teaching the class before summer! :~)
Love you more....

Heather said...

I'm so glad you found my blog so that now I can read yours! Looks like you are thriving in Texas. I knew you would.