Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Nanna!!


So for 11 years while I lived in Utah I would ask my mom, "Is there anything you would particularly like for you birthday?" and every year she would answer, "I just want you here." And of course a plane ticket was a little out of the budget so this year I thought for her birthday we would suprise her (since going to see her no longer requires a plane ticket) and show up at her house for her birthday, and she was so surprised!


Dad and Lis helped us keep the arrival time open and top seceret. We had a great weekend with our wonderful Nanna. On Saturday, Lis and I took Mom for a girls day out and got pedicures and lunch while Poppa, Shaun, and Eliseo played with the kids. Later that night, Oma & Opa treated us all to dinner at our favortie Mexican place, La Rosita's, and we enjoyed having a big table full of family! On Sunday, we made Cafe Rio Salad and birthday cake to celebrate and sing a grand "Happy Birthday" to our Nanna.
Mom, I love you! You are the best and I've learned so much from you. You inspire me to learn new things and never be afraid to try. Thanks for all the sacrifices you have made and continue to make for me and my family! I only now, as a mom, realize all that you gave to me growing up. Thank you , thank you, thank you!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! I am so happy you live close to her and get to see her more often! I miss you so much Ang! Can't wait to see you in April!

Heather said...

What a great birthday surprise! And I have to know - how do you make Cafe Rio salad at home?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris

I'm sure it was special for you to have Angie and all the family there for your special day. You seem to get younger every time we see you or a picture of you.

Be sure to tell Eddie "HI" from us.

Hope Angie keeps blogging so we can see pics of everyone.

Dee and Marcene

YourARNanna said...

What can I say about the best surprise birthday present in the entire world ..... a house full of adorable, loving, energetic, and fabulous grandchildren!
Thank you for giving me the most perfect weekend ever!
No empty chairs! :-)
I love you all, children as well as grands!

CorieW said...

Happy Birthday Chris! What a fun surprise! I can't believe how big Mia is in that picture, they get big so fast!