Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

One of the great things about having a blog is that I can publicly say how much I love my family, and today I want to say happy birthday and I love you to my father-in-law, Dee. My father-in-law is a great guy with many talents and one of them is winning the hearts of all who come to know him. He is patient, kind, and soft spoken. He (along with lots of help from Marcene) raised great boys and for that I'm eternally grateful. Dee taught Shaun so many of the things that I love most about my husband; a great work ethic, loyalty, and responsibility. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of my kids with Grandpa Dee.


Grandpa and Abby in Washington, D.C.





Abby & Lily with a darling doll house bookshelf Grandpa made for them.


Grandpa and baby Lily at the Cabin.


Grandpa saying Hello to Spencer Dee.



Grandpa and new little Sadie Jane.



Sadie Jane and Janie watching a movie with Grandpa.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Padre! I love you.

Shaun

Anonymous said...

This day is a very special day in the family. Happy B-day to Dee. It is fun to see the change in the kids as well as Dee. The pictures are so fun and they bring back a lot of great times. Even if Grandpa is sleeping on the job.

Thanks Angie and Shaun

Anonymous said...

Angie thank you for the blog and the wonderful comments. I miss the whole family being together. The pictures help and the phone calls.

Love Grandpa Dee

YourARNanna said...

Happy Birthday, Dee!!!

Enjoy your special day! You deseve the best!

The Rimmers

CorieW said...

Happy birthday Dee! Angie's description was right on. We love you!