Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our little pumpkins!









So here is a confession that won't win me the mom of the year award. I really hate carving pumpkins with young kids! I don't like the mess or that I have to help everyone with everything. Carving pumpkins doesn't seem like a family activity, it just seems like everyone is waiting for Mom or Dad to "fix" their pumpkin. I'm sure when the kids are a little older we will enjoy seeing their creativity but for now that's why we bought stick ins to decorate our pumpkins. This year we upgraded from our old wooden pieces to new Mr. Potato Head sets. Our little pumpkins loved them and were able to do most of the decorating themselves. It was a great FAMILY ACTIVITY!

5 comments:

Grandma:) said...

I love everybody's pumpkins and the new stick ins. They were super cute. Looks like everyone had a great time including Sadie. How was dad doing?

CorieW said...

That is such a great idea! Those are so cute! I didn't even know there were stick-ins! I'm with you on not actually carving with little kids. If I do carve, it it's purely for my sake. But this year all that we managed was letting the kids stick foam stickers all over little pumpkins. Not the cutest end result, but they liked it.
Your blog is so cute!

Unknown said...

This is Rebecca Jarman, I LOVE this idea of using Mr Potatoe Head peices. Perfect for small kids and then you don't get moldy pumpkins like we did just 2 days after we carved ours. I guess the 90+ degree weather in AZ doesn't help keep Jack O Lanterns fresh.

The Burninghams said...

I thought I would leave you a note. Tonight at enrichment night they taught about blogging. Laurie gave me your blog sight. I agree with you on pumpkin carving not being much fun with small kids :)
So it sounds like you guys are settled and liking it there. Email me at sburningham@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite to our blog.
xoxo

Mary said...

I felt like a halloween scrooge in years past becaue I didn't enjoy carving pumpkins either. But this year was easier. Partly because the kids are older and also for the power tool - you can see it on our blog. Worked like a charm but was really loud. Your pumpkins turned out so cute and lasted longer than our carved ones did, I bet.