Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hey good lookin'




The first day of school pictures are always fun. The girls were very excited see their new school and meet their new teachers. Abby is in 3rd grade this year and Lily's in Kindergarten. Kindergarten is a full day in Texas (opposed to the 1/2 day kindergarten program in Utah) and I wondered how Lily would do, but she has done great. She even has engry to burn when she gets home. I've been really happy with the school here. The schools are beautiful and have lots of extras. For example, the 4th graders broadcast a short news report from the Library, to all the classrooms, every morning, which the teachers receive on their laptops and project onto a screen for the kids to see. Lily loves the sign off of "Have a great wolf day!" (then a nice long wolf howl =) I'm hoping with 4 kids we will get our money's worth because property taxes are unbelievable here. The girls have made friends and love their teachers. I signed up for the PTA and I'm in charge of the Holiday Store. I had never heard of this position before but it is a very common PTA activity here. Holiday store runs the first week of December to let the kids Christmas shop for their parents. I'll let you know how that goes. It's bitter sweet to see my kids grow up and go to school. I miss them as babies but really enjoy the young women they are becoming.

7 comments:

threegirlmom said...

angie, such cute girls. Can't believe how big Abby is. Love your house. It's beautiful. Glad you have a blog

Angie said...

I love Abby's outfit. She's always dressed so cute!

Shannon Martin said...

Your girls are so cute. Has it really been that long since I have seen your two oldest? They both look so grown up! Love the red brick house, and I hope you are enjoying it down there! We miss you!

Franklin Family said...

Angie, I'm so glad you have a blog Trina sent it to me. I love your house. Trina and I want pictures of the inside.

Franklin Family said...

Okay, that last comment was written by Laurie. She didn't have a gmail account so she used mine.

Angela said...

Hey Ang, the girls are getting soo big! Mine are too, can you believe that Hayley is 11? The girls looked too cute for the first day of school! I am ready for Macala to start next year. Love the house. Can't wait to come visit some day. Will keep you up to date on our big move! Love ya, Angela

Gabe & Emily said...

We sure miss seeing those adorable faces at our back door! Em & G